This manual serves as a giude to connect both real and demo Rithmic accounts. If you do not have a real Rithmic account, you must register Rethmic Demo account. More information about this is avaliable here: Register Rithmic Demo
To configure the Rithmic connection to the ATAS platform, choose one of the options:
1. In the main program window, select the Settings menu item; then, Connection to DataFeed.
2. Click once on the connection indicator in the main platform window.
This will open the connection window:
To add new a connection click Add
This will open a window with a list of available accounts
and quotes sources:
In this window, you select the connection type Rithmic, and click Next.
1) Enter your account data (login and password) in the connection window.
2) In the Data Source field, select the required account type (Real or Demo).
3) Click Next.
Important information for Rithmic. account holders.
* After setting up the connection appears as a separate line in the terminal window:
1. Type - source connection.
2. State. After adding a new connection, the status default Disconnected. To connect you must click Connect button.
3. Quotes Source - The option of choice quotes provider.
IMPORTANT! Only one quotes source must be connected for Russian and US market!
4. If you want to connect to happen automatically when you launch the platform, you must enable the option Connect on startup.
5. Connection Setup button.
6. Remove the connect button.
7. Disconect button.
8. Add a new connection button.
9. Save settings button.
An important feature of Rithmic connection.
As practice shows, Rithmic connection is quite sensitive to the communication channel and the CPU load. If the CPU is heavily loaded or if there are problems with the communication channel, Rithmic connection may become unstable.
Connection issues can be of 2 types:
- Disconnection. At this situation ATAS provides a notification.
- The potential connection loss. It is a kind of medium condition between the established and lost connection. At such moments Rithmic sends messages like: "PnL Connection - Heartbeat has been quiet for XX seconds". "Here, Trading Connection", "History Connection", etc. can stand instead of PnL Connection. These messages indicate that there was no data exchange with Rithmic connection for a certain number of seconds (PnL, trade, historical, etc.). For a trader it can mean the following:
- If there is a problem with the PnL connection: it is possible that price, volume, direction of position in ATAS (the parameters that have been received before connection loss) can differ from Rithmic server parameters.
- If there are problems with trade connection: after sending set orders to Rithmic server, their state may not be sent back to ATAS.
Thus, if there are problems with Rithmic connections mentioned above, ATAS can not guarantee that information displayed is correct. Therefore, ATAS provides two mechanisms to protect you from such situations:
- If messages like "PnL Connection - Heartbeat has been quiet for XX seconds" are received, ATAS displays a pop-up window, which displays the text of the message.
- Thereafter if the user tries to set the order or change the position, ATAS will require confirmation of the operation, in which all Rithmic messages obtained earlier will be displayed:
In this case, the user should decide whether or not to execute the order.
Similar dialog boxes are displayed, if the user trades through a composite portfolio with included Rithmic account, which received these messages earlier.
Customer support service by UserEcho